Clarion is eager to help candidates strive for success and leverage authenticity.
We Want to Meet You
We want you to succeed.
At Clarion, cultivating leadership is paramount in our culture. We take our mission to train the next generation of life sciences executives seriously. We embrace different goals, backgrounds, and interests by providing a multitude of opportunities to meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
We pride ourselves on building tailored solutions to complex problems for our clients and we refuse to use cookie-cutter frameworks. Instead, we rely on our consultants to approach each problem with fresh and innovative ideas. As a result, we develop our people to be strategic thinkers who have the confidence to contribute and be successful in a broad range of project types and client situations.
Clarion is a close-knit, collaborative community where we invest heavily in mentoring. Additionally, our leadership team is easy to approach with an open door policy and continues to be involved in day-to-day client work and individual staff mentoring.
Our interview process typically involves several rounds of interviews. Interviews are a two-way process where we get to learn more about you, your professional accomplishments and interests, as you discover what #ClarionCulture is and showcase your authentic self.
What to Expect
Case Study & Article Discussion
This case-based discussion will typically be about industry-relevant challenges. You should be prepared to show basic arithmetic skills, the ability to estimate the size of a certain patient population and determine the business implications of entering the market with a new product.
Industry-Related Article Discussion
The article discussion will be centered on a short, industry-relevant news article that will be provided to you in advance of your interview. The goal of the article discussion is to demonstrate your interest in the life sciences industry and assess your ability to consider the strategic implications of a given topic.
Management & Leadership Team Connect
What We Look For
Clarion seeks to understand who you are and your unique perspective.
Pioneering Life Sciences
At Clarion we tackle some of life sciences most intractable challenges; this is what inspires us finding novel solutions encountered in the life sciences.
Inclusive Leadership & Initiative
At Clarion, we believe that embracing the holistic individual and empowering all to bring their authentic selves to work are key to our success.
Teamwork & Collaboration
Collaboration is a core value at Clarion. We tackle our challenges as a team of advisors for the best results.
Clarion is solely focused on making an IMPACT on our clients’ futures and patients’ lives.
What career stage are you in?
Complete Graduate Studies
Common FAQs for potential candidates
I do not see the position I would like to apply for listed on your website. How can I apply for this position?
- Please reach out to email@example.com to connect with our People Operations team.
Are interviews in person at the Clarion Boston office, or virtual?
- Interviews are currently virtual with in-person interviews increasing in the future.
What are the expectations for in-office presence after the pandemic / return to office?
- The details of our return to office model is still being considered – balancing the ability to offer flexibility to our staff, importance of our collaborative and learning environment, and the needs of our clients.
When will applications for PROPEL be open?
- We typically begin accepting applications for our PROPEL leadership training program for PhD, Postdocs and MDs two months before the application deadline. Applications for our experienced professional positions are accepted on a rolling basis, and not subject to a specific deadline.
Do you have an internship program? When do applications open? Do you only have a summer program?
- We have an internship program every summer that is open to students entering their final year of school during the summer prior to graduation. Recruiting for this program occurs during the traditional fall recruiting cycle.
When will Clarion be coming on campus?
- Harvard University – September 9, 2022 & October 7, 2022
- University of Pennsylvania – September 9, 2022 & September 29, 2022
- Yale University – September 9, 2022 & September 20, 2022
- Notre Dame University – September 13, 2022
- Dartmouth University – September 20, 2022 & September 29, 2022
- Duke University – September 21, 2022
- Stanford University – October 12, 2022
What does Clarion do to support diversity within the firm?
- We recognize the value of a diverse firm and the positive impact that diversity has on our work product and culture. We have a DE&I working group to support internal programming, and we have recently engaged a third-party group to support internal DE&I initiatives (including, but not limited to training). In recruiting, we strive to attract and appeal to a broad range of diverse backgrounds across a number of dimensions: gender, ethnicity, socio-economic, academic, and including diversity of thought. Currently we are ~70% female across the organization. We support many professional organizations and associations and the involvement of our employees, like the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA). Visit DEI@Clarion page to learn more.
Get to know us
Follow us on social media to stay updated with the latest news at Clarion.