Clarion is eager to help candidates strive for success and be their authentic selves.
We Want to Meet You
We want you to succeed.
At Clarion, cultivating leadership is paramount to our culture. We take our mission to train the next generation of life sciences leaders seriously. We embrace different goals, backgrounds, and interests by providing a multitude of opportunities to support the needs of our diverse workforce.
We pride ourselves on building tailored solutions to complex problems for our clients and we refuse to use cookie-cutter frameworks. Instead, we rely on our consultants to approach each challenge with fresh and innovative ideas. As a result, we develop our people to be strategic thinkers who have the
confidence to contribute and be successful in a broad range of project types and client situations. Thereby, we have designed our interview process to assess the breadth of capabilities required for success at Clarion.
Our interview process involves multiple rounds of interviews. Interviews are a two-way process where we get to learn more about you, your professional accomplishments, and interests, as you discover what #ClarionCulture is and showcase your authentic self.
What to Expect
Case Study & Article Discussion
This case-based interview will model a real-world situation with a client. You should be prepared to demonstrate the ability to structure a logical problem-solving approach and critical thinking as well as quantitative aptitude. Strong candidates consistently highlight the strategic implications and business considerations underpinning their recommendations.
Industry-Related Article Discussion
The article discussion will be centered on a short, industry-relevant news piece that will be provided to you. The goal of the article discussion is to provide you with the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge of the life sciences industry and your ability to go beyond the article and discuss broader market and strategic considerations relevant to our client work.
Management & Leadership Team Connect
What We Look For
Clarion seeks to understand who you are and your unique perspective.
- Demonstrates interest in life science & business
- Aptitude for logical thinking & analytical problem solving
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Creativity, intellectual curiosity, & self-motivation
- Drive to efficiently deliver high-quality, impactful work
- Ability to work effectively in highly-collaborative teams
- Interest in facilitating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment
What career stage are you in?
Complete Graduate Studies
Common FAQs for potential candidates
I do not see the position I would like to apply for listed on your website. How can I apply for this position?
- Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with our People Operations team.
Are interviews in person at the Clarion Boston office, or virtual?
- Interviews are currently virtual with in-person interviews increasing in the future.
What are the expectations for in-office presence after the pandemic / return to office?
- Clarion works in a strategically flexible hybrid model. While we have no specific requirements for in-office attendance, we encourage use of the office as much as possible, particularly for the purpose of collaboration, firm events, and professional development. Please note, our entry-level positions are expected to reside in the Metro-Boston area (and commuting distance to our office in Boston’s Seaport district).
When will applications for PROPEL be open?
- We typically begin accepting applications for our PROPEL leadership training program for Ph.D., Postdocs and M.D.s two months before the application deadline. Applications for our experienced professional positions are accepted on a rolling basis, and not subject to a specific deadline.
Do you have an internship program? When do applications open? Do you only have a summer program?
- Clarion’s Summer Internship Program occurs over ten weeks from June to August, and is open to students entering their final year of an undergraduate or M.A./M.B.A. program following their internship summer. Recruiting for this program occurs during the traditional fall recruiting cycle.
What does Clarion do to support diversity within the firm?
- We recognize the value of a diverse firm and the positive impact that diversity has on our work product and culture. We have a DE&I working group to support internal programming, and we have recently engaged a third-party group to support internal DE&I initiatives (including, but not limited to training). In recruiting, we strive to attract and appeal to a broad range of diverse backgrounds across a number of dimensions: gender, ethnicity, socio-economic, academic, and including diversity of thought. Currently we are ~70% female across the organization. We support many professional organizations and associations and the involvement of our employees, like the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA). Visit DEI@Clarion page to learn more.
Get to know us
Follow us on social media to stay updated with the latest news at Clarion.